|My oldest child on her first day of PreK this year.|
Hallmark has created some back-to-school tips to help parents encourage and build confidence in their kids both at the beginning of the school year and all year long.
o Let them hold onto your words. Being a kid can be tough. Between trying to fit in as well as stand out, school age kids can feel like no one knows what they are going through. Slip a simple card under their closed door to let them know you get it...and are here for them when they need you.
o Surprise your child with a lunchtime delight. Fruits and veggies are great but don’t forget about your child’s emotional wellness. The unexpected “I love you” or “good luck” note will let your child know you’re always by their side. Younger kids would appreciate a sticker or smiley face.
o Read with your children. Story time is an opportunity to develop reading skills, but it’s also a time for parents and kids to bond. If you can't be there right after school or don't always get home before bedtime, use a recordable book (Hallmark has several cute ones) so your child can always hear your voice. Everyone knows the calming voice of Mom eases a variety of fears.GIVEAWAY
Hallmark wants to give one lucky reader some help easing their child's return to school. The winner of this giveaway will receive Hallmark's Back-to-School Confidence Care package, which includes:
· Hallmark’s Kids Collection three-card pack: features topics for young kids, including nerves about school and positive reinforcement for hard work, as well as topics for tweens/teens, such as peer pressure and choosing friends wisely.
· Lunchbox Notes: 50 tiny cards to throw in a lunch box and add a little love to lunchtime.
· Recordable Storybook: allows you to record your voice, and your little ones can read along with you even if you’re away.
To enter just leave a comment below telling me what kind of worries you had when you went back to school as a kid. (I worried about being so different then everyone else.) Giveaway ends at 6pm September 12, 2011.
- Follow @mariarsmith on Twitter (Leave an additional comment for this entry.)
- Follow this blog (You can follow by email easily. Leave an additional comment for this entry.)
- Tweet: "Win a Hallmark back-to-school package from @mariarsmith: http://tinyurl.com/3f7fcmp" (Leave an additional comment for this entry.)
Full Disclosure: I received a back-to-school care package from Hallmark to review prior to this giveaway. All opinions are, as always, my own.